Saturday 23 January 2016

Sandymouth Bay Cornwall


I had a cracking time at sandymouth bay ( Near bude) had plenty of time for photos and some video work.
On the way out i thought I would take another route back to the main road so instead of turning right and going back pasted the now closed tank museum and into Kilkhampton.
I turned left and headed for God knows I think it was the combe valley or other  anyway nice drive down a 15% hill and started going up a 15% hill came to a hairpin bend  which in its self was not a problem.
The problem was becouse it was a blind bend i had to go around it in first gear now the problem started could not get the speed up and all that was happening is the off side front wheel was spinning and burning rubber and I was rolling backwards having blocked the road off completely both ways in knew it was no use trying to go forwards the only thing i could do was reverse back down the hill to the nearest spot where I could turnaround. One kind lady in a BMW offerd to go and get her husband's 4×4  this would of been great only she was going towards home and needed to get past me to continue.
So I had to reverse around a couple of blind bends before i was able to turn around and continue with my journey .












2 comments:

  1. Loved the video of the bay especially the waterfall shot, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video of the bay especially the waterfall shot, very cool

    ReplyDelete