Saturday 3 October 2015

Rutland waters

I'm on my way to Rutland waters for a wildcamping meet I would normally find my own way to places instead of using a satnav but this time thought I would give it a try.
Worst  thing i could of done took me over the cat and fiddle which would of been part of my route then Buxton, Matlock, then Alfreton. I would then go to Mansfield and onto the A1.
The satnav took me to Alfreton then right though  Nottingham town centre that was mayhem then into Melton Mowbray nice place but  to busy and no where to park I'm now sat in a layby watching the sun slowly going down.

Thursday 1st Oct
Woke up this morning  on the site at Rutland water  to a real pee-super of mist and fog  coming off the water hope it clears up before bed time other wise will have nowt to show you. Might even get a days fishing done while I'm here ? Don't fancy fishing out of one of the rowing boats do not have sea legs and feel ill just watching the ripples on the water.

Friday 2nd Oct

 Went for a walk thinking I would go around the lake than back to Base but after finding out that it would mean a 22 mile hike I thought better of it. I did do at least a 10 mile hike than  had a good night round the camp fire with a few beers.

Sat 3rd Oct

Got a bus into Oakham about 5 Mile from camp to do a bit of shopping not a bad little town got just enough shops to keep you amused for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment