Sunday 15 April 2018

A few Weeks Away from The Cameras and working on the van



Had a great few Weeks away from the cameras and video in Tintagel, Boscastle,Crackington Haven and on the moors no photos or videos just me having some me time basically just wandering around enjoying the sights Weathers warming up nicely now so I'm looking forward to getting my shorts and  hiking boots and off along the cliff tops to catch some of these beautiful views along this coastline. It will be nice to see the spring lambs in the fields again along with the horses freely roaming on the moors I have been told about some wild goats roaming around as well.

WORK TO DO ON THE VAN.
 I have been given three dozen  good carpet tiles  free of charge, I will be using these to insulate some of the cold spots in the van namely the sides and bottoms of some cupboards that are in the kitchen area for some reason they have not been lined, with them being just fibreglass there is no insulation so act has a fridge in cold weather. One of the cupboards is where a store most of my batteries or equipment that contains them.

I did notice the cold drafts a bit more this year hopefully, all these little niggles will be rectified for next year, along with redoing two half-length cupboards into a full-length wardrobe.Another job i have done is reroute the shower/sink drainage pipes most of the pipes had bends in them and in places where going up over the chassis so pockets of water were settling in the lower bends.
With the drainage being gravity feed it needs a good strong flow of water to keep it moving down the pipes.

Other things on the agenda this year A full service, and the exhaust system will be in need of replacing before the next MOT and I will be looking at checking / resealing all the openings and seams on the van

No comments:

Post a Comment