Monday 23 April 2018

A nice walk and a bad meal




I have had a few good days in and around the town Bodmin it’s not a bad place for a weekend visit not sure if I could cope with a longer stay. I managed the rather hard walk from the Jamaica Inn up to Brown willy which is a modest 419 meters high not finding the right path up made the walk more difficult and probably a little longer than necessary.
Still a good day out though that’s something else I can put on my done that list the walk back down having now found my bearings was a lot easier and knowing the pub was waiting for me at the finish line one happy man.
Calling at my van before going on to the pub I noticed that a wheel trim was missing bit annoying, but I am parking up next to Halfords in Bodmin later on so getting some new one won’t be a problem. So off to the pub for a well-deserved pint and some food
This is the third time I’ve eaten here and for the third time, I’ve been unimpressed I find the food well just for want of a better word Shite.
Undercooked, overcooked veg not drained rice and spaghetti not drained so it’s all sitting in water. I’ll not be eating here again.
The beers good though! am not a fussy man when it comes to my food some of my girlfriends couldn’t boil water never mind cook.
This is just my opinion others might enjoy going back time and again ok rant over back to my Guinness. Now going back to the wheel trims
It was a problem the new ones they are stocking at Halfords are a lot shallower than mine and will not fit over the nuts on the wheel back into Halfords for a refund.I spent four nights around Bodmin time to move travelling up the A30 and stopping in one of the picnic spots that I used on the way down there was my wheel trim lay in the curb how lucky was that.

Food At The Jamaica Inn.




                                     Video and still photos of Camelford,Bolventor and Bodmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment