Friday 7 December 2018

Making good a bad headstock

having made a nice neck for one of my projects I thought it would look good with a proper headstock
after cutting and making a scarf joint and rubbing it down along with reshaping it.
everything looked good until I put the tuning pegs in the closest peg to the nut was higher than the nut itself.
So  I can discard it and chuck a few hours work away or see if I can change and re-shape it thankfully this was only one of my learning how to do projects  a few things I could easy do would be to make a one string diddly bow ( single string guitar) or a chugger ( two string guitar) Or try to reshape the headstock re reuse as a three string.
I really want to save the neck having fretted it and shaped it,it would be such a shame to now disregard it.
To see the out come please take some time and watch the videos below












No comments:

Post a Comment