Thursday 4 July 2019

Cut my fire in half.

Hi all been doing a little bit more work on the van or should I say in the van.
This time I have been cutting the Providence  gas fire in half that the one I paid £300 for a few months ago I knew that I was going to do this before I got the fire.
When the fire arrived I had no other option because of the size of the fire if you have been following my blog you know that I took one of the benches out in order to make a little living room with a chair and table. Leaving the fire full size would not allow me to do this I could of got round this by getting a smaller Valour gas fire but there not the best looking things.
I priced having the fire cut by a black-smith which I was quoted £300 inc Vat, but being me and not able to sit still for long thought i would have ago myself.
Having made and sold a few log burners made from old gas bottles in the past the work is not a problem, however not having any tools other than a junior hacksaw might be.
Not wanting to go and buy more tools  due lack of storage I decided to cut it with a junior hacksaw
no joke I cut the whole job with just the hacksaw and when I needed too, taking the blade out of the holder and just use the blade itself.  It was hard work cutting the thin side panels but cutting the top and the base was not that hard took me two days to do but well worth the effort.
The end result will be well worth the hard work and make my life a little better.

Video
Cutting my gas fire in half.




No comments:

Post a Comment