Thursday 1 August 2019

I think I did a good deed today


Click Here
 New blog just for cigar box guitars



 I all I think I did a good deed today while parked up in a lay by that I use a lot I noticed a car and caravan that had not moved for a good while.
I could tell this by the grey water line on the road on walking past must admit I was being a little nosey.
I managed to talk to one of the occupants I was told that they had been living on a site up north and the day after they handed over £600 for the next months' rent the police turned up and closed down the site.
It turns out that it was an unlicensed site and everybody was evicted there and then not knowing what to do for the best they came down to Devon/Cornwall.
They had no jobs no money and got no help from the social, or the local council so stuck in a lay by with no gas no means of charging the caravan battery, but worst of all they both had not eaten for the last two days.
So what would you do to help what I did was only a small gesture but hopefully a good one I emptied the content of my fridge and food cupboard put it in a box and took it over to them?
I also so offered to drive the 20 miles to take them into the local town so they could seek some help and wait for them.
This is the point where their pride overtook their commonsense and declined the offer they did accept the food which I was glad to give them. I remember myself some 30 years ago living off a mars bar a day for what seemed to be forever being helped by an X girlfriend who brought me food at the weekends.  The last week in the month for me is the week I live off the food items in the fridge and the fresh food/veg in cupboard.
I hope that my actions have helped the couple out, well it has at least feed them for a few days It really hurts me to see this happening to people nowadays I do think that the shock of them being evicted and the loss of the month's rent Has not helped them mentally at all.
Footnote
They were not Gypsies or tinkers just normal folk that wanted to live outside of society just like me and thousands of others.


No comments:

Post a Comment