Thursday 3 September 2015

Week four


Saturday

Had a day off fishing and went to buith wells for a few hours  the all beer and no bull motor bike rally was on so hung around watching the bikes comeing in to the town

Sunday 
Van broke down on the way home had the AA come out to me and they bypassed the ignition system to get the engine running the guy told me there was a wire come loose off the starter motor.
 Got the van home and checked it over could not see anything wrong with the wiring will have another look in the morning.

Monday  bank holiday.

Went back to the van to check things out still could not see any reason for the breakdown has I had a newish spare starter motor  in the van thought I would change it over
Still no luck .

TUESDAY

Still working on the van elimination process now in place first get a new battery  £100.00 No help ok let's put the other starter back on and try again.
No luck with that idea, so i called out a Mobile spanner man next hour checking out the system. Everything looked ok so the starter motors were tested Looks like both your starter motors  are nackered.
Another £90.00 later have a new starter to put on will do this tomorrow now.

Wednesday.
Went to pick up the new starter motor at 10.30 by 11.15 the van was up and running .
I have not figured out what the problem was but I think it might have been  the battery
Will now have the old starter motor checked .
I will be getting the van ready for a wildcamping.co.uk  meet this weekend then after that I don't know what direction I will be travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment