Tuesday 27 February 2018

Cold Last Night @ - 6 inside the cab.

 Last night was the coldest night that I have experienced while being in this van at -6  in the cab area and that was with the windscreen curtains drawn and my cab living space curtains drawn.
I did not put the silver screens on but i will do so infuture
I, however, do remember a colder night and a good few years ago when I had a 30-year-old Renault traffic pop-top camper van which was nearly all windows and had no real installation it did, however, have a good little wall mounted gas fire, It was Christmas night/morning and I was doing some sea fishing at Rhyl in north Wales. it was so cold that all the windows froze over this was with the gas fire and the engine running.
I knew that if i did not move and get off the sea front there was a very good chance of me freezing to death I was truly scared for my life I was unable to open my hands to remove the coffee cup and had to push the cup from the base to free it using the gear lever.
If not for the fact that I was wise enough to get the van running when I stopped Night fishing I don,t think I would be writing this now. Nethermind warmer weather is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment